Fanatic Sky Wing Foil Board (2023)
Not sure what size is right for you? Give us a call and we'll help you decide. 727-656-6569
Fanatic Sky Wing Foil Board
The new range of Sky Wing models grows to nine dedicated shapes and takes efficiency to another level. Ride the smallest board possible in the lightest of winds! If you thought the previous Sky Wing range was leading the way in Wing Foiling – try one of these hot new shapes and you’ll be impressed how much of a change a board can make. The range is split in three different directions, with the two smallest shapes of 4’6” and 4’7” being dedicated Prone/Wing advanced combo boards, with low volume, more radical bottom contours and all features needed to push the limits. The Wing Allround range from 4’8” to 5’8” has its focus on the earliest take-off possible with minimal board size. Our shaper Sky Solbach combined the early planing rocker line of our previous 5’4” with a sharp release box rail and slight bevels in the nose section. The extra glide allowed to pull in tail and nose outline slightly to reduce catching in turns and on the wave. The clean approach with plenty of volume under your feet allows for an uninterrupted touch-down, which helps learners and hardcore freestylers alike – you just never get stuck! The 6’3” is dedicated for everyone getting into Wing Foiling. The extra length and heaps of volume turns you into an addicted winger in no time! The 6’3” is also available in a Soft Top edition with a comfortable, durable and grippy full EVA deck and rail cover.
- 9 new shapes for all riders and conditions
- Optimized rocker line and hard release edges for maximum glide and earliest take-off possible (sizes 4’8” and bigger)
- Clean bottom contours with slightly rolled Vee in the nose section for uninterrupted touch-downs (sizes 4’8” and bigger)
- Additional footstrap inserts for double front strap, single diagonal front strap or new straight single front strap
- Double screw inserts for back strap
- Pulled in nose and tail sections to reduce swing weight and avoid catching in tight turns and on the wave
- Recessed deck shape for comfort, control and a direct connection with the foil
- Centerline bumper on sizes 5‘6“ and bigger
- Carrying handles on deck and bottom for easy transport with or without foil mounted
- Lightweight Vacuum Epoxy Construction (VEC) with optimized layup and significantly reduced weight compared to previous models
What we've noticed so far: We think all these new updates are going to make these boards really user friendly and fun no matter your level of skill. The mast track has also been moved slightly forward allowing you to get your foil further forward than on the older models. The outlines are smaller, but the rails are chunky and filled with volume, so even though they look smaller you aren't sacrificing any stability. The rails are stronger than last years models and you shouldn't have to worry about any cracking. The new size options help offer more versatility to the range, making sure that there is a Fanatic Wing Board for everyone.