Starboard Carve Starlite (2024)
Need a rig to go with your Carve? Call us at 727.656.6569.
2024 STARBOARD CARVE STARLITE CARBONThe Starboard Carve is as good as it gets for full-on fun windsurfing! The perfect board for advancing your planing skills - footstrap positions are optimized for a wide range of abilites and it's easy to go fast.
The 2024 Carves deliver big on effortless planing, autopilot jibing and a controlled ride in any conditions. Each board size is developed ,tested and described carefully On the larger sizes,149,159 and 169, the long rocker flat section makes for extra easy passive planing and a smooth ride to let you find the footstraps effortlessly. Midrange sized Carves 119, 129 and 139 provide confidence and pace, you might want to bring your speed watch to check your new record. More than anything, they jibe extraordinarily well for their volume. The smaller sizes 99 and 109 deliver a true sporty feel with high top end speed and that extra bit of control you’ll need for windsurfing confidently in strong wind. And yes, they invite autopilot jibes.
The lightest and highest performance budget conscious technology. Thanks to its full carbon bottom and a deck built from 0.6mm Australian pine wood sandwich, wrapped with Military grade-glass and laminated all with Bio Resin, Starlite Carbon offers an unheard of level of quality with a stellar finish, all for an insane value.
• EXTRA EFFICIENT – The concaves nose segment create more lift, improving planing performance in light wind.
• EXTRA DRIVE – Enhanced deck concave creates a lower centre of gravity for the drive and power generated through the rig. It also keeps the board stable and planted while blasting in rougher conditions and through jibes.
• EXTRA REACTIVE – Optional inboard stance with middle position back footstrap gives more rail-to-rail reactivity and control to the storm riders out there.
• EXTRA QUICK – Inspired by our iSonic racing line, the new double-step tail improves planing and acceleration.
• EXTRA PERFORMANCE – Carefully refined underwater shape at the tail maximises earlier planing while reducing drag at higher top end speeds.
• EXTRA EASY – Easy passive planing without any effort. Extending the tail rocker flat section forward on the Carves allows an easier acceleration to a more natural planing threshold, whilst maintaining planing glide thru wind holes and reducing critical reliance on board trim.
• EXTRA COMFORT – More comfortable for your skin, the Drake Slick footstraps are made with FSC-certified, sustainably sourced and plant-based Yulex foam. With 85% natural rubber content, CO2 emitted during the manufacturing process is reduced by 80%. 15% synthetic neoprene is retained to improve UV resistance.
• EXTRA TRACTION – Under your feet the 10mm thick footpads feature a diamond grooving pattern, providing essential grip and comfort over extended sessions while being resistant to wear-and-tear.
• EXTRA CONTROL – Drake Freeride fin for great control. Blending flowing, natural turns with straight line efficiency and confidence, each Carve’s fin is carefully specified and optimised to enhance the exciting and responsive performance.