Starboard X-15 Starlight
Starboard X-15 Starlight - Affordable Foil Slalom WindsurfingThe 2023 Starboard X15 is a totally new windsurfing foil slalom shape that is fully optimized for high speed use with small, low drag wings. The revised nose rocker reduces lift and drag at high speed while increased vee avoids crashing with touch-down. The soft convex deck and smooth exit at the tail add to the aerodynamics of the board. The X-15 feels like it just wants to keep accelerating!
The waterdrop cut-aways from Starboard accelerates the water along the tuck line and get you to take off speed with minimal sail pressure. You don't have to pressure the tail to activate the foil and get up and flying because they have also reduced the tail volume.
Starlite Carbon - Performance Value – The lighest and highest value performance technology. Thanks to its full carbon bottom and a deck built from 0.6mm Australian pine wood sandwich wrapped with Military grade-glass and laminated all with Bio Resin, Starlite Carbon offers an unprecendented level of high quality in a value package with excellent finish. Starlite Carbon technology feels especially crisp with extra high impact resistance on the deck.
• Aero Design – The side cutaways concept has been pushed to the max to allow enough speed in displacement mode to get on foil, so you can take off even before reaching planing speeds. The board is shaped like a water drop from the nose to the tail, reducing the drag from the water while also increasing aerodynamic efficicency. As a result, the board is very slippery and stable in the air.
• Convex Nose – A flat deck shape with no concave, but even a slight convex for highest efficiency. Wind flow over the board is with minimum resistance and allows for higher speed.
• Recessed Mast Track – With an even more recessed mast track the center of gravity is lower and drastically increases your control. This way going into gusts or windholes unexpected board movements become easy to control.
• Deep Cutaways– The cutaways have been extended to decrease drag before take off and also to accelerate the transition into flight mode by quickly reducing wetted surface area as speed increases
• Back Footstrap Position – For Slalom speed, the back foot position is further inside compared to upwind/downwind racing foil boards. Here we are at 79.9cm wide, which allows faster downwind and reaching speeds with a more comfortable position and reduced power on the back foot.
• Extra Thin Pads – There are less impacts to absorb when foiling. In fact, there are none. So we’ve designed the pads to be extra thin for added control and kept the diamond grooves for the perfect grip.
• Yulex Neoprene – The Drake footstraps are made with FSC-certified, sustainably-sourced and plant-based Yulex foam. With 85% natural rubber content, CO² emitted during the manufacturing process is reduced by 80%. The remaining 15% of synthetic neoprene is kept to improve UV resistance.