2022 Starboard Airplane
Starboard Airplane Inflatable Windsurf Board
Tired of having to load your windsurfing board on the car, well look no further. The 2022 Starboard AirPlane takes inflatable boards to a new level. The Starboard AirPlane brings the convenience for travel, but also the ability to fully plane and carve jibes.
Built with a double-layer woven drop-stitch Fusion welded technology for stiffness, durability, and improves shape stability, while reducing weight. One of the features we love the most about the 2021 AirPlane is that unlike in previous years, the rear fin box can no longer be removed and is built into the board. This helps to improve planning while also allowing you the amazing speed this inflatable offers.
Don't worry if you have one of those no wind days, the Starboard Airplane also works as an SUP. So make sure you have you paddle and don't miss any time on the water.
Also available in the Whopper School Edition
- WOVEN TECHNOLOGY Up to 2kg lighter // Extra Stiff.
- WELDING TECHNOLOGY HEATED AND BONDED FOR LIFE MECHANICAL BOND = STRENGHT + DURABILITY Glue is never forever. Starboards’ welding technique turns two into one – using heat to bond two separate pieces of PVC into a single solid unit. Heat-welded PVC creates a mechanical bond that’s stronger, lasts longer – and is better for the environment.
- FULL POWER PLANING The Starboard invention that created the planning inflatable windsurfing board segment. A proprietary 3D elastomer compound rail edge runs along the rails of the board, creating a hard edge that allows for a clean water release and higher speed, yet fold and roll up. We’ve improved the Rail Edge to improve grip while carve jibing.
- MAST TRACK To make the mast insert system extra safe and strong, we insert it from underneath the board. A deck plate distributes the top load over a large area for added stiffness.
- FOOTSTRAP SYSTEM Starboard’s exclusive footstrap insert system uses 7mm thin insert plates that are glued to the board’s surface. The footstraps bolt into the embedded brass plate and two male pins connect through the footstrap for a twist-free fitting.
- REMOVABLE CENTER FIN All models have a removable center fin box. Remove the box for an improved paddling experience without the added weight or drag. Attach the box and supplied Drake Shallow center fin to prevent the board from drifting sideways when windsurfing.
- THE ROCKER The rocker has been adjusted to provide the right combination of lift, glide and maneuverability. All boards come in 6″ thickness.
- ROLLER-WHEELED BAG All of our SUP WINDSURFING Inflatables are supplied with our new roller-wheeled bag that packs everything away tidily and conveniently. Made of a RPET 450D outer fabric layer made from recycled plastic bottles, in partnership with Waste2Wear. The bottles are chopped into flakes, washed, melted and extruded into yarns and then spun into a fabric. Between 30 to 50 bottles are used per bag. Bottles that now re-enters the market again, without risk of polluting the environment. Ripstop weaving technology improves wear and tear resistance.
- V8 DOUBLE ACTION PUMP All boards are supplied with our benchmark V8 Double Action pump. Inflate your board faster and easier with continuous pumping cycles in both down and upward action. Turn the switch and it becomes a single action pump for easy inflation to 18 PSI. Always inflate between 15 and 18 PSI for maximum stiffness and performance.
- WHOPPER SCHOOL EDITION Learning on an inflatable adds safety and fun. And beginners just can’t break the nose no matter how many times you fall over, because it’s inflatable. Starboard’s Whopper School Edition even maximizes value for schools by removing the bag and pump from the price. It’s our favorite board to teach windsurfing on and enjoy Stand Up Paddling. Highly recommended for school and centers. The new shape replaces the previous shape that was based on the AirPlane 290. This shape has more glide and is SUP friendly, great for schools when it’s not windy and to enjoy a SUP session.
|Model||AIRPLANE 242||AIRPLANE 255||AIRPLANE 290||AIRPLANE WHOPPER SCHOOL EDITION 10'0x35"x6"|
|Volume||201 l||229 l||290 l||314 l|
|Length||242 cm||255 cm||290 cm||305 cm|
|Width||72 cm||78 cm||90 cm||89 cm|
|Fins||Drake Freeride Power 40 + Shallow 22||Drake Freeride Power 42 + Shallow 22||Drake Freeride Power 41 + Dagger board||Drake Shallow 22 + Dagger board|
|Fin Boxes Starlite||Tuttle Fast Box + Removable US box||Tuttle Fast Box + Removable US box||Tuttle Fast Box + Removable US box||US box|
|Sail Range||2.0 - 8.5 m2||2.0 - 8.5 m2||2.0 - 9.5 m2||2.0 - 7.0 m2|
|Weight||7.9 kg||9.15 kg||14.05 kg||12.6 kg|