NEW Package includes: Wing, SlingWing back pack, Safety leash, QSG, Bladder patch kit, Free sign up at Foil-Academy.com
Call us with any questions. 727-656-6569
Slingshot SlingWing V2 Foil Wing (2021)
The all new Slingwing V2 Foil Wing has been engineered to check all the boxes. The first design factor in a performance wing is ultra-light weight construction, and the Slingwing V2 comes in at half the weight of the original. A light-weight build provides for effortless wrist control and oscillation cancellation while luffing the wing and leaving the power behind you. Beginners will benefit from reduced arm fatigue in light air conditions, while advanced riders will find it dramatically easier to get the wing flying for deep water starts on tiny boards. Next up is the desire for more forward pull through your front hand and out through the nose of your board. The Cambered Dihedral shape aides the rider in getting up onto the foil not only with increased forward board speed, but by also providing a constant tractor like pull. The forward pull designed into the wing allows the rider to push the board forward in the water with their legs against the pull of the wing, increasing waterflow over the foil and proving lift. The constant forward traction allows you to keep the board chugging forward to pick up even small wind-swell for an added boost of speed and lift. Designed to Fly with you. No matter your level, the rider wants a wing that has a slight lift during 1-handed flight while luffing or transferring. Nobody likes a wing that wants to dive towards the water while mid-tack or while luffing down a swell. The Leading-Edge Handle and new Transfer Handle have been placed to compliment the wings slight upward pull so that the wing is always floating perfectly within reach. Much of the joy of winging on a foil-board comes from ditching the power of the wing and holding the LE Handle with one hand, effortlessly cruising from swell to swell playing with the energy in the water. Since the rider will spend as much time possible luffing with one hand on the LE Handle you want the softest material you can get under the LE Handle to keep from grinding down the skin on your knuckles each session. The same comfort factor goes for all the other handles where Slingshot has made sure to keep handle areas free of any rough seems
You'll love the Slingwing V2 Foil Wing because:
- It is light weight and comes in at half the weight of original wings.
- It offers easy one handed wrist control while luffing or surfing with no oscillation or nose diving.
- Low end power is perfect for getting up on all size boards and deep water starts.
- Soft handles offer total control and amazing comfort for hours of shredding.
- The cambered dihedral design lets you harmonize the wind, body and foil into speed and control.
- Cross over use for paddle board, skis/snowboard, skateboard or land board at the beach.
- Who is it for? Anyone who wants the thrill of being powered by the wind over water, land or snow. Anyone with decent board skills, but little to no sailing or kiting experience will get the hang of it right out of the gate. Its unique appeal comes from how simple it is to use and the freedom you feel using it. Just stand on your board, hold the wing at the proper angle and off you go. To ease power, just sheet out or let go with your back hand and the wing drifts with you like a paper airplane.
- Leading Edge Handle: Control the wing with one hand while luffing and riding swell, the soft material under the handle ensures your knuckles won’t scuff
- Wrist Leash Attachment Pigtail: Attach your leash with the pull through method or with a quick Larks Head Knot
- Y-Handle Wing Tensioners: Provide increased upwind angles and more powered jumping, while also functioning to keep the wingtips pulled in and the wing full of power under intense wind pressure
- 4x4 Canopy Material: Light and stiff with proven rip stop capability
- Consistent Wingspan: Limits wingtip drag even in the largest sizes
- Transfer Handle: Its Cross-Strut orientation makes use of simple ergonomic orientation for smooth transfers between luffing and powered riding
- Harness Line Attachment Pigtails: Quick connect / disconnect of your harness line