Starboard WindSUP Classic Rig
For help deciding on this, give us a call! (727) 656-6569
Starboard Classic WindSUP RigDesigned to provide ample power to propel a SUP or long windsurfing board in light wind. This rig will provide the perfect amount of power to stand up paddle board that can be windsurfed (or for light wind windsurfing boards), the WindSUP Sails aim to make windsurfing simple and fun! The whole rig is made to be light and powerful, so it is perfect for light wind windsurfing - gliding across your neighborhood lake or bay with ease. The WindSUP Classic uses a two piece reduced diameter mast and a boom and comes complete with extension, uphaul, mast base and bag. Three new sail sizes 1.2, 2.0, 3.0 this year have replaced the “Kids” and “Start” sails to help get the youngsters out on the water. The smaller sizes have been designed and tested to be lighter and easier to use for kids.
- UPGRADED BOOM HEAD The boom head clamp has been redesigned for a better fit around the mast, thus requiring less pressure to grip. The lever is also slightly longer, stiffer and more ergonomic to allow riders of all ages and sizes to close the boom head easily.
- BOOM CLIP WITH DOUBLE PINS The boom clips with double pins are secure and durable. The boom end uses a loop-n-go system. Loop the rope through the sail and onto the hook. Pull the end and lock it in. Just like on the extension, correct settings for light wind and high wind conditions are marked on the boom adjustment holes to make rigging easy.
- RDM MAST The Classic uses a two-piece reduced diameter 20% carbon mast and the Compact uses a four-piece reduce diameter carbon mast. The RDM masts are more reliable and make the sails feel smooth and light on the water.
- R+SDM EXTENSION With the adapter collar, you get an SDM extension. Remove the adapter collar and you have an RDM extension: 2 in 1. The top adapter collar is a screw cap so it won’t get lost. This external lever clicks on in a snap: great for those who want to be able to release the rig from the mast foot and board without getting sore thumbs. The R+SDM aluminium extension is included for the Compact and Classic 4.5, 5.5 and 6.5 m2
- HOOK PULLEY The downhaul 3-roller hook pulley makes downhauling hassle-free. Downhaul line comes connected to the hook pulley for even faster and simple rigging. Just hook it to the grommet and downhaul all the way.
- MECHANICAL BASE The mechanical universal joint is great for inflatable boards as it puts less stress than a conventional rubber joint on the board when the sail is lying flat in the water.
- BAGS The SUP WINDSURFING Sails come with a bag made of a RPET 450D outer fabric layer made from recycled plastic bottles, in partnership with Waste2Wear. The bottles are chopped into flakes, washed, melted and extruded into yarns and then spun into a fabric. Between 30 to 50 bottles are used per bag. Bottles that now re-enters the market again, without risk of polluting the environment. Ripstop weaving technology improves wear and tear resistance. The SUP WINDSURFING Compact bag is just 120 cm long
|Model||CLASSIC 1.2||CLASSIC 2.0||CLASSIC 3.0||CLASSIC 4.5||CLASSIC 5.5||CLASSIC 6.5|
|Sail Size (m2)||1.2||2.0||3.0||4.5||5.5||6.5|
|Mast Length (cm)||205||250||310||385||430||430|
|Luff Length (cm)||205||250||310||385||434||456|
|Boom Length (cm)||102||130||150||176||186-188||206-208|